Frederick Douglass

"Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did, and it never will. Find out just what people will submit to, and you have found out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them..." Frederick Douglass

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

An Evaluation Of Moammar Gaddafi

I wrote this: http://countercurrents.org/fryett150311.htm. The best part, I must admit, is a reader's comment at the bottom which insists that I am a Libyan insider. The poor man! I've been laughing about this for a day now.

Should I add my own comment and divulge that I am but a humble trolley driver in Seattle? Naaaaaaaah! Who knows, this could work out for me. I could write a memoir about my maverick days in the Brother-leader's inner circle. Better yet, it could be an anonymous tell-all: Moammar and Me, as told to Judith "the Germ" Miller, formerly of the New York Times. (She'd be necessary as she could "independently corroborate" that I am a top dog in the Libyan government.) Soon to be a major motion picture starring...Charlton Heston, back from the afterlife for the role of a deathtime. Co-starring Yulia Tymoshenko as his Ukrainian "nurse" and the Rat City Rollergirls (http://ratcityrollergirls.com/)" as his Amazonian bodyguard...

You will have to indulge me, I've never been this important before, nor this mysterious...shaken, not stirred.