Frederick Douglass

"Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did, and it never will. Find out just what people will submit to, and you have found out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them..." Frederick Douglass

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Blogger's Note, September 11

For the past several months I've devoted an hour or more a day to this blog. However this is about to change.

I've been able to devote this time just about every day because I have been rendered idle by a bad back and neck. (50 has been a shipwreck.) Consequently I have been unable to engage in the active activist life which is my wont and custom. As a result, I moved the computer and gear onto the floor (much to the chagrin of the two soulmates and comrades--girlfriend and dog--with whom I have shared my convalescence) and have lain here a-reading and a-posting. However, I'm feeling much better these days and as far as I can tell I've made a full recovery. In fact, I recently played a game of full-court basketball, the first in a very, very long time. (Don't tell my PT.)

With life thankfully returning to normal I will spend much less time here. There will probably no benefit to visiting more than once a week.

I want to thank all of you! The emails I've received have been almost exclusively appreciative.

And I have no idea why this blog is so popular in Romania or Malaysia, but I'm glad it is. Thanks again.