Frederick Douglass

"Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did, and it never will. Find out just what people will submit to, and you have found out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them..." Frederick Douglass

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Blogger's Note, 17 August

In reference to my calling the the current government of Egypt the Mubarak-Regime-Sans-Mubarak, I have been asked why I believe that it is sans Mubarak, given that he is still alive and has not left the country. Could he not be giving the orders?

As I see it he was only the front man to begin with. The important decisions are made by international capital and he is but their enforcer, their henchman. His function at best could be likened to a franchise manager, but I suspect he has even less real authority than Bank of America affords its branch managers.

But the point is taken.